Friday, July 18, 2008

So, I'm back after a few month hiatus. I could make excuses, but the truth is I have just been lazy and enjoying summer. But, I have the brewing fever again and hope to keep it going this time. Anyways, this is my first beer back, a Belgian Pale called Belgian Gold. I hope to be drinking these easy brews while watching the Olympics in August. Below, is my equipment. I use a V8 Splash container as a beaker(yes, I'm going to buy a 2000ml soon) and in the specimen cup is a black liquid called Demand Sanitizer. It is my secret weapon. It is by-far the best sanitizer money can buy, except I get it free from work(we pay $9/gallon). It smells like ass, but 1 oz for 4 gallons is awesome. The other pic is 200 grams of DME with a little over 2 liters of water and 1/4 teaspoon of yeast nutrients.


The picture below is beautiful and smell even better...ummm wort!! The other is sanitizer with funnel and foil.






Ahhh....need a brew right? SN Summerfest...hey, I have to mow the grass after I'm done. Oh, another of that wort, I liked it that much!!!










Putting the lid on at the last 5 mins to sanitze it. And chilling in the sink.














Poured the wort into the V8 Splash container but was still about 90 degress so I had to try and cool it down some more. I was literally throwing everything cold in the kitchen sink!! Cooled and yeast pitched on the right.

















After 1 and 1/2 hrs yeast already settling to the bottom. Got to love it!!!











No comments: